Welcome to Quality Driver Testing, where expertise and professionalism have defined our service since 2000.
MEET THE EXAMINERS
Our founder, Dave Martino, brings a wealth of experience from his former role as a Novi city police officer. With a remarkable tenure of over 25 years in conducting road tests, Dave’s commitment to road safety and quality testing is the cornerstone of our operations.
Our team is further strengthened by seasoned professionals like Don Stimmel, whose 22+ years in road testing exemplifies our dedication to excellence. Brad House, with a dual expertise of over 8 years in road testing and 15 years as a driver education instructor, enriches our team with his comprehensive understanding of driver training and evaluation.
We are thrilled to welcome Joe Hayes, our newest member, who joins us with an impressive background of over 20 years in road testing. Joe’s expertise further elevates the quality of our services.
At Quality Driver Testing, each examiner is not only state-approved but also carries a legacy of extensive experience. Our team’s approach is friendly and calm, ensuring that every applicant, regardless of their confidence level or experience, feels at ease during their test.
Trust Quality Driver Testing for an experience that combines expertise, calmness, and a supportive environment, making your road testing process smooth and reassuring.
WHERE WE ARE LOCATED
The test location is in the Legacy Church parking lot at the southeast corner of Eleven Mile Rd and Taft Rd. The address is 45301 W 11 Mile Rd. Novi MI 48375. Please enter the address in GPS exactly as listed. Please note that the test site is not the same as the office. Do not Google the company or the directions will take you to the office, not the road test site. Please arrive 10 minutes early and enter the parking lot off Eleven Mile where you will see the traffic cones set up.
Michigan standards require that the applicant bring a roadworthy vehicle (one that would not cause the test to be terminated due to faulty equipment). The vehicle can only be occupied by the examiner, the applicant, and any required passenger (parent/guardian for minor, or if necessary, an interpreter). Please dress appropriately for the weather as the parent/guardian is outside the vehicle for the parking lot portion of the exam. Also, if you are over 18 and you have someone bringing you to the appointment, they will not be able to stay in the car during your test. The church may not be open so they may have to wait outside. Please make sure they dress for that possibility.
CAR RENTAL AVAILABLE
We offer car rental for applicants needing a vehicle. The rental vehicle is a Toyota Prius and is available for an additional charge of $50.
STUDY FOR THE TEST
Applicants should review the Michigan Road Test Skills study guide prior to taking the test. Please click on the link below to review the Study Guide.
Quality Driver Testing Policies
- The cost of the test is $80. Full payment is required at the time of registration. $15 of the $80 fee is a non-refundable deposit. If you cancel for any reason, you will only receive $65 of the $80 fee as a refund.
- If you are more than 5 minutes late to the driving skills test, no test or refund will be given.
- If you cancel your driving skills test within 48 hours of the scheduled time for any reason, no refund will be given.
- You may reschedule your test with more than 48 hours’ notice at no cost. You may not reschedule your test with less than 48 hours’ notice.
- If you fail any section of the test, there is no refund.
- Failure to bring all required documents will result in a document failure and no refund will be given.
- Failure to bring a road-worthy vehicle will result in an equipment failure, and no refund given.
- Vehicle rentals are available for an additional $50 fee. $5 of the rental fee is a non-refundable deposit. Vehicle rentals are on a first come, first serve basis and may not be available for all applicants based on availability. If you choose to cancel your vehicle rental, you will receive a refund, less the $5 non-refundable deposit with more than 24 hours notice. If you give less than 24 hours notice of vehicle rental cancelation, there is no refund.
Terms and Conditions
- The driving skills test consists of 2 sections: basic controls skills testing and on-road testing. Failure of either section results in a test failure and no refund is given.
- Adult – No passengers may accompany the applicant during the driving skills test (except if an interpreter is required) for adult applicants.
Teen – A parent or guardian must be present during the driving skills test if the applicant is under 18. If a parent or guardian is not available, a proxy letter must accompany a student coming with a licensed adult over the age of 21 who is not their parent or guardian.
- All required documents must be legible and brought to the test site. Failure to bring all required documents will result in a document failure and no refund will be given. It is the responsibility of the applicant to bring documents that are legible. If the examiner cannot read the documents, it will result in a failure, and no refund will be given. New documents can be obtained from the Secretary of State office.
- Foreign driver licenses are not permitted for the driving skills test (unless accompanied by a DSTAR).
- There is no practicing allowed at the driving skills test site.
- Late arrivals (more than 5 minutes late) may not be tested as it pushes the remaining appointments behind schedule.
- Michigan standards require that the applicant bring a roadworthy vehicle (one that would not cause the test to be terminated due to faulty equipment). Failure to bring a road-worthy vehicle will result in an equipment failure, and no refund given.
The following documents must be shown for Applicants under 18;
- Valid Michigan Level One Learners License – held for a minimum of 6 months.
- Michigan Segment II Certificate of Completion
- Valid Proof of Insurance
- Valid Vehicle Registration
- Driving Log- The examiner will confirm that the driving log shows the teen completed at least 50 hours of driving (including 10 hours of nighttime driving) before attempting the driving skills test. Any written or electronic format may be accepted. The driving log must, at a minimum, show the dates of each practice drive, the number of hours/minutes of each drive, and a designation when a practice drive was at night. The log must be totaled up prior to the appointment.
The following documents must be shown for Applicants over 18;
- Valid Michigan Temporary Instruction Permit (If you have a foreign license, it must be accompanied by a DSTAR)
- Valid Proof of Insurance
- Valid Vehicle Registration